Friday, July 8, 2011

How do I become a nicer person?

I always feel people think the worst of me, because I have always been treated as an outsider all my life (I'm a foreigner). Growing up, I used to think everyone was sweet and good hearted, because we are all made in the image of God, but then bullying, backstabbing, ridicule, and scorned by the masses has made me feel extremely resentful towards everyone, and I can't help but conform to these expressions of hate. Scripture clearlys mentions anger and hatred are unrighteous and unholy, and I want to change that, but I can't help believing everyone (not all christians and not only christians) are two faced and nobody really likes each other, not helped by the amount of troll on here. There are too many sarcastic people everywhere and I hate the relentless put downs which brings on more bad feelings! I don't want to feel this way because the bible commands we love even our enemies, no one's perfect and I truly want to make friends with sincere people without suspicions on what grounds friendships are based on and what they really think of me. I want to eradicate these ill feelings. So how can I transform my ill thinking to be more merciful, more unconditional and more kind to others even though I see only hate and arrogance in our culture?

No comments:

Post a Comment